Being in an auto accident can be stressful. You have to deal with a lot of unknowns like working with the insurance adjuster when you’re working with the adjuster if you are not careful you might just hurt your case.
Been Seriously Injured?
Call a local lawyer in your area now.
Five to get an auto accident lawyer in Michigan
We advise you to take it slow with the insurance adjuster these are five things they don’t want you to know.
- Taking responsibility doesn’t mean you will be fairly compensated. Before talking to anyone you want to hire an auto accident attorney in Michigan because the adjuster is going to try and get you to confess fault. You don’t want the insurance company to take fault because that means your settlement is going to be less. When your talk money with an adjuster most of the time they will try to take advantage and that’s why you need a lawyer. You want to hire an auto accident lawyer early in the process. The earlier you obtain an auto accident lawyer the more fair the settlement should be.
- You don’t have to give a recorded testimonial though the adjuster will tell you that you have to so that you get your settlement but you should consult with an auto accident lawyer in Michigan before you go and do that. If you are being pressured to make a statement say no and contact a local auto accident lawyer we have them in Detroit and Grand Rapids.
- If you make a statement it will be used against you. In almost all cases it is a bad idea to make a statement because the adjuster will find a way to word it to make it sound like you are admitting guilt. When you make a statement you are just going on record to help determine your case and in some cases, it can hurt what your payout is. They will load up the questions and fire at will so be prepared and say no.
- The insurance company will probably have an issue with the treatment you will need for the injuries. The best way to combat auto insurance is to hire an auto accident attorney to take on your claim. Just know the insurance company is going to try and reduce the amount that they will have to pay with reasonable treatment. Be prepared that the insurance company is going to fight what treatment the doctors may do as they may say that’s not included or not satisfactory for us and this is all to try and help reduce costs for the insurance company.
- A serious injury will require you to get a personal injury lawyer. You may ask why and it’s so that you get a full and fair value of your claim. The more serious your claim the more help you will need from an auto accident lawyer. Insurance companies will work to pay as little as possible that’s how they work. If you want to net more money with your auto accident claim connecting with a local auto lawyer in your area will be best. Hire an auto accident lawyer in Michigan that has a track record to help you get the proper settlement.